Are you looking for a healthy version of falafel? If yes, then this is the perfect recipe for you.
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup onion finely diced
- 2 Garlic cloves mashed
- 1 cup powdered milk
- 2 cups parsley finely chopped
- 1 1/2 cup chickpea flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp crushed coriander
- 1 tbs baking powder
- 1 tsp dried red pepper (optional )
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- Sesame seeds and nonstick spray to coat the tart pan
- Preheat oven to 350F./180C.
- 1 in the food processor bowl, add all the ingredients but not the sesame seeds mix until all ingredients incorporated.
- Spray the tart pan with nonstick spray and then sprinkle the bottom and the sides with sesame seeds
- Spread the falafel batter on the tart pan
- Sprinkle more sesame seeds on top of the batter
- Bake the falafel tart in the middle rack of the preheated oven for about 20-30 minutes or until inserted tooth pick comes out clean
- Let it cool on a wire rack for about 10 minute
- To serve the tart, smother some hommos dip or tahini sauce on top. And top it with pickles and veggies.