4 tbs butter
1 small onion diced
1/4 cup all purpose flour
2 cups chicken broth
2 cups milk
3 cups small cut broccoli florets
1 carrot grated
2-3 cups shredded cheddar cheese
Salt and pepper to to taste
In a big pot and on a medium heat stove, add sauté onion in butter until translucent
Stir in carrots and add flour. Stir for 2 minutes to cook the flour.
Add in chicken broth, salt, pepper and broccoli and let cook for 20 minutes
Stir in milk and cheese until cheese melt
Serve warm with crackers or bread sticks.
٤ م ك زبدة
١ بصل مفروم ناعم
١/٤ كوب طحين
٢ كوب مرق دجاج
٣ كوب بروكلي مقطع صغير
١ جزر مبروشة
٢ كوب حليب
٢-٣ كوب جبنة تشيدر مبروشة
ملح و فلفل حسب الرغبة
في طنجرة عميقة و على نار متوسطة اضيفي الزبدة لحتى تذوب
اضيفي البصل و قلبي لحتى يصير شفاف
اضيفي الجزر و قلبي
اضيفي الطحين مع التقليب لمدة دقيقتين
اضيفي مرق الدجاج و الملح و الفلفل و البروكلي و اتركي الخليط يطبخ لمدة ٢٠ دقيقة
اضيفي الحليب و الجبنة التشيدر و قلبي لحتى تذوب الجبنة
قدميها مع الخبز المحمص و صحة و هنا .
- 1 16 Oz bag frozen French cut Green Beans
- 1 small diced Onion
- 3 medium size diced Tomatoes
- 1 tbs tomato paste
- 1/4 cup Olive Oil
- 2 big gloves Garlic crushed
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Sauté onion in olive oil on medium heat until softened and translucent.
- Add green beans, saute until they get a bit of color and onion turns golden. Add Tomatoes, tomato paste,salt and pepper .
- Cover tightly and simmer until the beans are cooked 15-20 minutes .
- Add Garlic and stir to combine .
Serve hot or cold with Pita Bread .
- 2 tbs unsalted butter
- 2 pounds sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 1 1/2 tbs all-purpose flour
- 6 sprigs fresh thyme
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled
- 5 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 pinch salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Melt butter in a large soup pot over medium-high heat, cook mushrooms in butter with 1 pinch salt until the mushrooms give off their juices, reduce heat to low. Continue to cook, stirring often, until juices evaporate and the mushrooms are golden brown, about 15 minutes. Set aside a few attractive mushroom slices for garnish later, if desired.
- Sauté onion with mushrooms and cook until onion is soft and translucent, about 5 more minutes. Stir flour into mushroom mixture and cook, stirring often, for 2 minutes to remove raw flour taste. Tie thyme sprigs into a small bundle with kitchen twine and add to mushroom mixture; add garlic cloves. Pour chicken broth into mushroom mixture. Bring to a simmer and cook for 30 minutes. Remove thyme bundle.
3. Transfer soup to a blender in small batches and puree on high speed until smooth and thick. Or use the immersion blender.
4. Return soup to pot and stir in cream. Season with salt and black pepper and serve in bowls, garnished with reserved mushroom slices and a few thyme leaves.
• 1 cup red lentils, rinsed and drained
• 1 small onion finely chopped
• 1 potato chopped
• 1 carrot chopped
• 1 tbs tomato paste
• 1 tbs pepper paste
• 1 tsp paprika
• 1/2 -1 tsp red pepper flakes depends on how spicy you like it.
• 1 tsp cumin
• 1 tsp ground coriander
• 1 tbs dried mint
• 3-4 tbs vegetable oil
• 5 cups Vegetable or chicken broth
1 Sauté the finely chopped onion in oil until translucent,
2 Stir in the tomato paste, pepper paste. Cook for 2-3 minutes.
3 Add in the rinsed lentils, potato and carrot, and stir for 1 minutes.
4 Add 5 cups of broth and boil until the lentils are fully cooked.
5 Add spices, and stir.
6 Blend the soup with the hand mixer into a smooth consistency.
7 Crush the dried mint in between your hands.
8 Stir to combine, If it’s too thick add some more hot waterproof broth.
9 Taste it to adjust salt.
10 Serve in a bowl with a piece of lemon and pita bread crackers.
This is an easy quick and delicious recipe for lunch or snack especially when zucchini is in season.
- 2 big or 4 medium zucchini grated
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 egg beaten
- 1 garlic crushed
- 1/4 cup scallions finely diced
- 1/2 tsp cumin powder (optional)
- 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper (optional)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- 4 tbs olive oil for frying
Pita bread and lemon wedges for serving
- Place the shredded zucchini in a colander set over a bowl and sprinkle the zucchini lightly with salt. Allow the zucchini to stand for 10 minutes. Using your hands, squeeze out as much liquid from the zucchini as possible.
- Transfer the zucchini to a large bowl.
- Add the flour, eggs, scallions, garlic, salt, pepper, cumin and red pepper (if used) to the bowl, stirring until the mixture is combined. Line a plate with paper towels.
- Add the olive oil to large sauté pan set over medium heat. Once the oil is hot, scoop 1 tablespoon mounds of the zucchini mixture into the pan, (or 2 tbs depends how big in diameter you want the fritters) pressing them lightly into rounds and spacing them at least 2 inches apart. Cook the zucchini fritters for 2 to 3 minutes, then flip them once and cook an additional 2 minutes until golden brown and cooked throughout. Transfer the zucchini fritters to the paper towel-lined plate.
- Repeat the scooping and cooking process with the remaining zucchini mixture.
For the dough you need:
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1 tsp ajwain seeds or thyme
- 1 tsp salt
- 4 tbs ghee butter
- Water for kneading (approximately 1/4 cup and 2 tbs)
For filling :
- 2 tbs ghee butter
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 inch piece ginger finely diced
- 1 green chili diced
- 3 medium potatoes boiled, peeled and smashed
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 1/2 dried mango powder
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 1 tsp crushed coriander
- 1 tsp red chili powder
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 cup peas
To make the samosa dough:
- in a big bowl, mix together ajwain, salt, flour and ghee. Rub the flour well in between the palms to incorporate the ghee well.
- Add water little by little and mix the flour to dough. Cover and set aside until the filling is ready.
- In a sauté pan, heat the 2 tbs of ghee butter, then add cumin until begins to sizzle.
- Add ginger, green chilli and saute until it begins to smell good. Add ground beef an brown for 5 minutes or until all liquid absorbed.
5. Add smashed potatoes, peas, chili powder, garam masala, crushed coriande, mango powder and salt. Mix everything well and saute for 3 to 5 mins. Set aside to cool.
How to assemble Samosa:
Make 8 portions of the dough and roll to balls.
2. Grease the rolling area and then flatten a ball. Begin to roll to a oblong or oval shape. Cut it to two. If the edges are too thick, gently roll it to thin down.
4. Smear water over the straight edge and join the edges to make a cone. Press gently to seal the cone.
5. Fill the cone with potato masala and smear water on the edges. Bring the edges together and make a pleat on one side. Bring back the pleat and seal it. Make sure the samosa has been sealed well.
6. Finish making all the samosas.
How to deep fry samosa
- Heat oil in a pan until medium hot. A piece of dough dropped in the hot oil must rise gently not immediately. This is the right temperature.
- Add the samosas to the oil and deep fry them until golden. When they are half fried you can increase the flame to little high and fry until crusty.
- Drain them on to a kitchen tissue.
- Fry all of them in batches.
- Serve with tamarind or cilantro mint sauce
Gözleme is a traditional savory Turkish flatbread, made of hand-rolled dough that are filled with various toppings, sealed, and cooked over a griddle. The name derives from the Turkish word göz, meaning “compartment”, in reference to the pocket of dough.
For the dough:
- 2 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt room temperature
- 1/2 cup warm water
- 1 tbs vegetable oil
- 1 small onion chopped
- 1/2 lb ground beef
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp crushed red pepper شطة مجروشة
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup green bell pepper chopped
- 1/2 red bell pepper chopped
- 1/2 yellow bell pepper chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley chopped
- 1/2 cup feta cheese crumbled
- 1 medium tomato seeded and chopped
- lemon wedges and olives to serve
For the dough:
- In a large bowl combine the flour and salt. Make a well in the center and stir in the yogurt and water. Continue mixing with a spoon until everything is well combined. If the dough is dry adjust by adding a bit more water, start with a tablespoon at a time.
- Flour your work surface and knead the dough for about 3 minutes, or until smooth and elastic. Cover with a clean tea towel and set aside.
- To make the filling, in a medium skillet, heat the oil over medium heat, sauté onion until translucent.
- Add the ground beef to the skillet and break it up with a wooden spoon. Cook for about 4 to 5 minutes, until browned. Stir in the bell peppers, parsley, crushed red pepper, cinnamon, turmeric, cumin, salt and pepper. Add the chopped tomatoes and stir everything together and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Transfer the meat mixture to a wide dish and let cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, divide the dough into 4 equal balls. Roll each piece into a rectangle that’s about 12×10 inches.
- Spoon about 3 tbsp of the lamb mixture in the middle of the rectangle and spread it out a bit. Add some of the crumbled feta. Fold over the edges of the dough to seal. Repeat with remaining dough pieces.
- Heat a large nonstick griddle over medium heat. Depending on the size of your griddle, add 1 or 2 of the gozleme and cook on each side for about 3 to 4 minutes or until golden brown and crisp.
- Cut each gozleme in half diagonally and serve with lemon wedges. Enjoy!