Flakey soft dough filled with tahini and walnuts
- 2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tbs active dry yeast
- 1/2 warm water
- 1/2 cup warm milk
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3 tbs tahini
- 1 stick (8 tbs) butter
- 1/2 sugar
- 1 cup of finely crushed walnuts
For egg wash
- 1 egg and a drop of vinegar
To make the dough:
- In the bowl of your stand mixer fitted with the dough attachment, add yeast, sugar, water, milk and oil. Mix to combine
- Add flour and salt. Start kneading the dough on medium speed for 4 minutes or until a soft elastic dough obtained. You might need more flour if the dough sticks to the sides of the bowl.
3. Cover the dough with plastic wrap and let rest in an air draft place until double in size (30-45 minutes).
4. Meanwhile, in a small sauce pan and on a medium heat stove melt butter.
5. Stir in tahini and sugar until combined. Set aside.
6. On a well floured surface, knead the dough with your hands to form a log.
7. Divide the log into 16 equal size pieces.
8. Form the dough pieces into balls, arrange them in a floured dish and cover them with plastic wrap.
9. Unroll each ball into a thin disk. Divide the balls into two stacks of 8 disks
10. Spread 2 tablespoons of the tahini mixture on top of the disk
11. Sprinkle 1 tsp of walnuts on top.
12. Repeat the same procedure with the other stack of the 8 disks.
13. Unroll the stack of the 8 layers dough to form a big rectangle
14. With the pizza cutter, divide the rectangle into 8 columns.
15. Twist each column and roll it as in picture.
16. Arrange the pastries in cookie sheet and set aside to rest for 10 minutes
17. Mean while, preheat your oven to 425F.
19. Brush pastries with the egg wash
20. Bake them in the middle rack of the oven until golden brown
21. Microwave the apricot preserve for 30 seconds
22. Brush pastries with the apricot preserve and keep them in an air tight container to maintain freshness.
- 3 medium size ripe bananas mashed
- 1/4 vegetable oil
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 cup walnuts roughly chopped
- ١ cup chocolate chip
- 1 banana sliced and some walnuts for decoration
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a big bowl, Add all ingredients and mix well with a wooden spoon.
- Line a loaf pan with parchment paper.
- Spread the batter evenly in the loaf pan.
- Arrange the banana slices and walnuts on top of the batter.
- Bake the loaf until a toothpick stuck into the bread comes out clean about 60 minutes.
Slice and enjoy with a cup of tea!😊
This mouthwatering chicken and pasta dish is very easy and quick recipe to make, it won’t take more than 20 minutes.
- 2 skinless and boneless chicken breasts, butterflied and then cut in half
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- All-purpose flour, for dredging
- 2 cloves of garlic smashed
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 5 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/3 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 1/4 cup brined capers, rinsed
For garnishing :
- 1/3 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- Lemon slices
- Season chicken with salt, pepper and thyme.
- Dredge chicken in flour and shake off excess.
- In a large skillet over medium high heat, melt 2 tablespoons of butter with 3 tablespoons olive oil. When butter and oil start to sizzle, add 2 pieces of chicken and cook for 3 minutes. When chicken is browned, flip and cook other side for 3 minutes. Remove and transfer to plate. Melt 2 more tablespoons butter and add another 2 tablespoons olive oil. When butter and oil start to sizzle, add the other 2 pieces of chicken and brown both sides in same manner. Remove pan from heat and add chicken to the plate.
5. Meanwhile prepare pasta according to box directions
6. Into the pan add garlic and sauté for a minute.
7. Add the lemon juice, stock and capers. Return to stove and bring to boil, scraping up brown bits from the pan for extra flavor. Check for seasoning.
8. Return all the chicken to the pan and simmer for 5 minutes.
9. Remove chicken to platter over pasta.
10. Add remaining 2 tablespoons butter to sauce and whisk vigorously. Pour sauce over chicken and pasta and garnish with parsley and lemon slices.
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 clove garlic, mashed
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp cumin powder
- 1 tbs chili powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 8 (10 inch) flour tortillas
- 1 3/4 enchiladas sauce (recipe follows)
- 3/4 cup shredded Cheddar cheese or Mexican blend for topping and filling
- Chopped lettuce, tomatoes, onions, jalapeño pepper and sour cream for garnishing
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Prepare enchiladas sauce ( recipe follows).
- In a medium, non-stick skillet over medium heat, cook chicken until no longer pink and juices run clear. Drain excess fat. Cube the chicken and return it to the skillet. Add the onion, garlic and sauté until onion softened.
- Add chili powder, cumin powder, oregano, salt and pepper, and stir to combine.
- Stir in sour cream and 1/4 cup of the cheddar cheese and set aside. ( be sure not to season with a lot of salt because the cheese and the enchiladas sauce are salty).
6. Add 3/4 cup of the enchiladas sauce on the bottom of a 9×13 Pyrex dish.
7. Roll even amounts of the mixture in the tortillas.
5. Arrange in the baking dish. Cover with the rest of the enchilada’s sauce and 1/2 cup of the cheese.
6. Bake uncovered in the preheated oven 20 minutes. Cool 10 minutes before serving. Garnish with shredded lettuce, chopped tomatoes, onion, jalapeño pepper and sour cream.
To make enchiladas sauce:
- 3 tbs vegetable oil
- 2 tbs flour
- 1 tbs chili powder
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion salt
- salt to taste
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Stir in flour and chili powder, reduce heat to medium, and cook until lightly brown, stirring constantly to prevent burning flour.
- Gradually stir in tomato sauce, water, cumin, garlic powder, and onion salt into the flour and chili powder until smooth, and continue cooking over medium heat approximately 10 minutes, or until thickened slightly. Season to taste with salt.
These muffins are easy to make: Simply mix the dry and wet ingredients separately, then combine them. You can easily replace the blueberries with other kinds of fresh fruit, such as raspberries or peaches.
For crump topping:
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 1/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 3/4 cup whole milk
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups blueberries
- Preheat the oven to 375F. Line 18 muffin cups with paper or foil liners or spray 2 muffin tins with cooking spray.
- To make the crimps, in a medium bowl, combine the flour with the brown sugar, granulated sugar, baking powder and salt. Stir in the melted butter, then pinch the mixture until it forms pea-size clumps. Set aside.
- To make the muffin batter, in a medium bowl, whisk the flour with the baking powder and salt.
- In a large bowl, combine the sugar, eggs and canola oil and beat with a handheld electric mixer at low speed until combined. Beat in the whole milk and vanilla. Add the flour mixture all at once and beat at low speed until the batter is smooth. Stir in the blueberries.
- Spoon the batter into 18 of the cups, filling them about three-quarters full. Sprinkle the crumb topping on top of each one and bake for about 30 minutes or until the muffins are golden and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out with a few moist crumbs attached. Let the blueberry muffins cool in the pan for 10 minutes before serving.