- 2 cups egg noodles or any other kind of pasta
- 4 cups water or vegetable broth
- 1 medium size onion diced
- 1/4 cup pomegranate molasses
For the topping
- Chopped parsley and pomegranate jewels for garnishing
- In a medium size pot and on a medium heat stove, sauté onion in olive oil until translucent
- Meanwhile, add lentils to a colander and wash it
- Add lentils to the onion and stir.
- Add water and salt, cover and let simmer until lentils is tender
- Stir in egg noodles and let cook for about 10 minutes.
- Stir in tomato sauce and pomegranate molasses and let cook for couple of minutes for the flavor to marry .( you will notice that the mixture is thickened ).
- Turn heat off and spread the mixture in the prepared serving plate
- In a sauté pan, sauté garlic and olive oil until golden
- Drizzle the sautéed garlic and olive oil on top of the lentils/pasta mixture
- Garnish with parsley
Serve with pita bread, olives and radishes
I love to make this dish, because it brought back lots of childhood memories, especially when my grandma used to make it for us. I like to call it stew because it is thicker in consistency than a soup. So delicious and easy to do.
- 1 cup red lentils washed and drained from water
- fried onion, chopped parsley and lemon wedges
- In a big pot, sauté onion and olive oil until translucent .
- Add in the lentils, rice, cumin,turmeric and salt, stir to combine.
- Add water, cover and let cook on a medium low heat until smooth and tender.
- Turn heat off and serve the stew garnished with parsley, pomegranate jewels and lemon wedges