- 2 lbs extra lean ground beef
- 2 cups of bulgur soaked in water for 20 minutes and drained really well
- 1 big onion cut into quarters
- 1 tsp salt
- 3/4 tsp pepper
- 3/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tbs marjoram
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1 big onion diced
- 3 tbs vegetable oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2tsp turmeric
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tbs summac
- Vegetable oil, samneh (ghee butter) or crisco for brushing the top and the bottom of the kibbeh
- In the food processor add all kibbeh dough ingredients and grind for 2-3 minutes until a fine texture obtained
- Place the dough in a big bowl and cover with a plastic wrap
- To make the filling, in a sauté pan add the oil and onion, sauté until onion translucent.
- Add in the ground beef and the spices, brown until meat is no longer pink and most of the meat water is dried
- Turn the heat off and mix in the sumac
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Brush a generous amount of oil or samneh (if used) in the bottom of a safe oven baking dish
- With your hands, press down half of the kibbeh dough until smooth
- Spread the ground beef filling on top and try to press gently with your hands
- Spread the rest of the dough on top and press down to smooth it out.
- With a sharp knife cut the kibbeh into the shape desired
Make a small hole in the middle.
12. Brush more oil oil or samneh on top of the kibbeh
13. Decoration the kibbeh with almonds or pine-nuts.
14. Bake the kibbeh in the middle rack of the preheated oven for 30-40 minutes
15. After baking let it cool down for about 10 minutes before cutting
Enjoy kibbeh with a squeeze of lemon juice and a side of yogurt cucumber salad.