•for the cake:
• 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
• 1/4 cup cocoa powder
• 1 tsp baking powder
• 1/2 tsp salt
• 4 eggs
• 2/3 cup sugar
• 1/2 tsp instant coffee
• 2 tbs corn oil
• 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate
• 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
• 1 cup heavy whipping cream, chilled
• 3/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate
• 2 tbsp heavy whipping cream
• Cocoa powder for dusting
1. Preheat the oven to 350F (180C). Butter a 12X16 inch (30×40 cm) baking tray and line it with parchment paper.
2. In a medium bowl whisk flour with cocoa powder, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
3. In a large bowl add eggs and sugar. Beat with an electric mixer until lemon yellow and foamy. Add oil and mix until well incorporated. Add instant coffeee and then gradually add flour mixture.
4. Pour the batter into the prepared baking tray and spread evenly into the corners using the back of the spatula.
5. Bake for about 12 minutes until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
6. Take a parchment paper and sprinkle with cocoa powder. This helps the cake to not stick. Flip the cake over the paper. Remove the parchment paper it was baked with.
7. While still hot roll with the parchment paper inside. You will have to do it while is still hot/warm otherwise it cracks. Let cool completely.
8.Prepare the filling. Place chocolate and cream in a heatproof bowl and place over a pan with simmering water. Melt over low heat.
9. In another bowl whip cream until stiff peaks form. Mix in the melted chocolate.
10. Unroll the cake and spread the chocolate filling evenly over the cake.
11. Roll the cake back up. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving.
12. Dust the roll with cocoa powder. To make the ganache on top for decoration simply melt the chocolate with cream and spread it on top of the cake roll. Let the ganache set for an hour in the fridge and serve.