- 1 cup pistachios
- 1 cup knafeh dough strings ( عجينة كنافة خشنه – شعر )
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tbs simple syrup (ater)
- 2 tbs orange blossom water
- 2 cups Ashta ( clotted cream) for filling
- In the food processor finely grind the pistachios and set aside. And then finely grind the knafeh dough.
- In a big bowl, add the pistachios, knafeh dough, sugar, syrup and orange blossom water and mix to combine until a sticky dough obtained.
- line a small tartlet mold with plastic wrap. Scoop out a tbs of pistachio mafroukeh and tap it gently to line the mold with it.
- place a smaller ball of the Ashta (clotted cream) on top and then scoop out a smaller ball of dough and pad it gently to cover the tartlet mold.
- To serve, flip the tartlet onto a plate and garnish with Ashta and crushed pistachios
- Mafrookeh can keep up in the fridge for couple of days