- 1 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 cup plus 2 tbs all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tbs unsweetened cocoa powder, sifted
- 3/4 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 1/2 cup yogurt, room temperature
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 tbs vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup boiling water
- 1/2 tsp instant Coffee, it adds a depth t the flavor .
For chocolate ganache:
- 9 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 1 cup heavy cream
- To prepare cupcakes, preheat oven to 350F. Grease muffin tin or line with muffin liners.
- In a large bowl, mix together sugar, flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Crack in the egg, spoon in the sour cream, and pour in the oil and the vanilla. Mix with a wooden spoon until just combined.
- Pour in the boiling water slowly. (Be careful not to add all the hot water at once or you will end up with scrambled eggs in the cake batter ) . mix until smooth and liquidy.
- Divide batter evenly among prepared muffin cups, about halfway full. Transfer muffin tin to oven and bake for 12 minutes. Transfer muffin tin to a wire rack and let cupcakes cool completely.
To make the ganache:
- Place the cream into a microwave safe bowl. Heat the cream in the microwave for 1 minute. When the cream is hot enough, add chocolate pieces and whisk until smooth.
- Allow the ganache to cool slightly before dipping the cupcakes in it.
- Dip each cupcake in the ganache using a fork until all covered.
- Cool the ganache dipped cupcakes on a wire rack and place them in the fridge for an hour before serving.
Here is a video of how to do this recipe