- 2 cups whole chickpeas (garbanzo beans) cooked and drained from water
- 2 cups baby spinach leaves washed
- 4 tbs tahini
- Juice of 1 1/2 freshly squeezed lemon
- 1 garlic clove mashed
- 1/2 tsp salt, plus more to taste
- Water as needed
- Olive oil for topping
- Add everything but the the chickpeas to the pitcher of a blender or food processor. Pulse, until all ingredients turned into a smooth paste.
- Add the chick peas and water as needed to get things moving, until the hummus is completely smooth.
- Taste and add additional salt if desired.
- Transfer into a serving dish and drizzle with olive oil.
- Serve with pita bread