- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 small onion diced
- 2 tbs corn oil
- 2 garlic gloves mashed
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- Pinch of turmeric
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp allspice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup whole cooked chick peas drained from water
- 3-4 pita bread cut into squares and deep fried
- 4 cups organic baby spinach if not available regular spinach works just fine
- 1 cup water or chicken broth
For sauce :
- 2 cups plain yogurt
- 1 clove garlic mashed
- Pinch of salt
- In a large sauté pan heat the 2 tbs of oil on a medium heat stove and add the onions
- Sauté onions until translucent and then add the garlic and coriander.
- Add in the ground beef and brown it until most liquid absorbed
- Sprinkle with the turmeric, cinnamon, allspice, salt and pepper.
- Stir in the spinach and let cook for couple of minutes
- Add the water to the spinach/ ground beef mixture, cover the pan and let cook for about 10 minutes
- Stir in the chickpeas and let cook uncovered for about 5 minutes
- Adjust salt and turn of the heat
- In a small bowl mix in yogurt, garlic and salt and set aside
- In a medium size Pyrex or a serving dish spread the fried pita bread squares
- Top it with the spinach/ ground beef mixture
- Spread the yogurt on top, and garnish with the nuts and parsley
Tip: if you like some crunchiness in the bread, donot add the spinach/ground beef mixture and the yogurt until serving time.
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 cup plus 2 tbs all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tbs unsweetened cocoa powder, sifted
- 3/4 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 1/2 cup yogurt, room temperature
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 tbs vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup boiling water
- 1/2 tsp instant Coffee, it adds a depth t the flavor .
For chocolate ganache:
- 9 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 1 cup heavy cream
- To prepare cupcakes, preheat oven to 350F. Grease muffin tin or line with muffin liners.
- In a large bowl, mix together sugar, flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Crack in the egg, spoon in the sour cream, and pour in the oil and the vanilla. Mix with a wooden spoon until just combined.
- Pour in the boiling water slowly. (Be careful not to add all the hot water at once or you will end up with scrambled eggs in the cake batter ) . mix until smooth and liquidy.
- Divide batter evenly among prepared muffin cups, about halfway full. Transfer muffin tin to oven and bake for 12 minutes. Transfer muffin tin to a wire rack and let cupcakes cool completely.
To make the ganache:
- Place the cream into a microwave safe bowl. Heat the cream in the microwave for 1 minute. When the cream is hot enough, add chocolate pieces and whisk until smooth.
- Allow the ganache to cool slightly before dipping the cupcakes in it.
- Dip each cupcake in the ganache using a fork until all covered.
- Cool the ganache dipped cupcakes on a wire rack and place them in the fridge for an hour before serving.
Here is a video of how to do this recipe
This a silky creamy hummus and adding spinach to it, gives it a nice vibrant hue and a ton of nutrients. It truly tastes like the classic hummus, but it’s way more fun.
- 2 cups whole chickpeas (garbanzo beans) cooked and drained from water
- 2 cups baby spinach leaves washed
- 4 tbs tahini
- Juice of 1 1/2 freshly squeezed lemon
- 1 garlic clove mashed
- 1/2 tsp salt, plus more to taste
- Water as needed
- Olive oil for topping
- Add everything but the the chickpeas to the pitcher of a blender or food processor. Pulse, until all ingredients turned into a smooth paste.
- Add the chick peas and water as needed to get things moving, until the hummus is completely smooth.
- Taste and add additional salt if desired.
- Transfer into a serving dish and drizzle with olive oil.
- Serve with pita bread
Bell Pepper chicken Stir fry is an easy fast and healthy recipe that I serve with white rice.
- 3 bell peppers (red, green and yellow) thinly sliced
- 1 lb chicken breast, cut into pieces
- 2 tbs corn oil
- 1 tbs ginger garlic paste (a slice of fresh ginger and a clove of garlic grated)
- 1/2 tbs corn starch
- 1 tbs low sodium soy sauce
- I tbs sweet chili sauce
- 1 tbs corn starch
- Pinch of salt
- 1 tbs hoisin sauce
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 tsp cornstarch
- Pinch of salt
- Pinch ofof white pepper (optional)
- 1 cup of water
- Marinate the chicken with all the ingredients in the Marinade, for 15 minutes.
- In a small bowl stir in all the ingredients for the sauce until combined.
- Heat up 1 tbs of the oil in a wok and stir fry the chicken until the surface turns opaque, and set aside.
- Heat up the remaining 1 tablespoon of the oil and stir fry the bell peppers for couple of minutes.
- Transfer the chicken into the wok and stir to combine well with the bell peppers. Add the Sauce (stir it before using so there is nothing settles at the bottom), stir fry continuously until the sauce thickens and the chicken is completely cooked. Dish out and serve immediately with white rice.