- 2 cupsorganic old fashion oats
- 1/2 cup walnuts toasted and chopped
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1tsp baking powder
- 1 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup raisin or any dried fruit you prefer
- 2 cups milk
- 1 large egg
- 3 tbs unsalted butter, melted and cooled slightly
- 2 tsp vanilla extract or 1/2 tsp vanilla powder
- Preheat the oven to 375°F/190°C with a rack in the middle of the oven.
- Bring an oven safe dish and spray it with none stick spray or brush it with butter.
- In a big bowl, mix together the oats, half the walnuts, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, raisin and salt.
- In another bowl, whisk together the melted butter, the milk, the egg and the vanilla.
- Add the liquid mixture to the dry mixture and mix until combined.
- Spread the oatmeal mixture in the prepared oven safe dish.
- Bake it for 40 minutes.
- Take it out of the oven and sprinkle it with the rest of the walnuts.
- Serve it in a small bowl with hot milk and a teaspoon of brown sugar if desired.
- you can be creative and add any fresh or dried fruits you like.
- Be sure to use old the fashion or the rolled oats not the instant oats.
- Substitute the brown sugar for maple syrup or honey depends to your likings.
- Substitute the walnuts with any kind of nuts you like.