- 1 chicken cut into 4 or 8 pieces washed and dried
- 4 big potatoes washed and pealed
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp white pepper
- 1 tsp crushed coriander
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1/2 tsp ground cardamoms
- 1 cup water
For the sauce
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves smashed
- Lemon juice of 2 lemons
- Preheat oven to 350F. / 180C.
- In a small bowl mix salt, pepper, cinnamon, cardamom, coriander and turmeric.
- In an oven safe dish, add chicken pieces. Rub the chicken pieces with the spices mixture from all sides and rub some spices under the skin.
- Cut potatoes into wedges
- Arrange the potato wedges around the chicken pieces in the dish.
- Sprinkle the potatoes with salt and pepper.
- In a bowl mix in olive oil, garlic and lemon juice until combined.
- Drizzle sauce over the chicken and potatoes.
- Add 1 cup of water to the dish and cover the dish with aluminum foil.
- Bake it for 1 hour and 15 minutes or until chicken is tender.
- Take off the aluminum foil.
- Turn on the broiler in the oven and just before serving broil the chicken and potatoes until golden brown.