- 3 cups all-purpose or bread flour
- 3/4 tsp active dry yeast
- 1 1/2 tbs honey
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups warm water
- 3 tbs flour for dusting and shaping
- 2 tbs corn meal
For this recipe you will need:
- Dutch oven
- Parchement paper
- In a large bowl, add flour and salt. In another small bowl stir in water, yeast and honey, until it’s well combined. Cover with plastic wrap until frothy (approximately 5 minutes)
- Add liquid mixture to dry mixture and stir with a wooden spoon or a spatula until combined.
- Cover with plastic wrap and let stand at room temperature for 3 hours.
- After 3 hours, the dough will become puffy and dotted with bubbles. Transfer it to a well-floured surface and sprinkle dough with a little flour. Shape into a rough ball.
- Sprinkle the corn meal onto a pice of parchment paper. Put the parchment paper into a bowl and place the dough inside. Next cover with a towel. Let rest for about 35 minutes.
- Meanwhile place a dutch oven with lid in a cold oven and preheat to 450° F.
- When oven reaches 450° carefully, using oven gloves, transfer the parchment paper and dough from the bowl and place gently into the hot pot. (parchment paper goes in the pot too)
- In a sieve place 1 tbs all purpose flour and sprinkle it on top of the dough, and with a sharp knife make some slashes. Cover with the lid, and bake on the middle rack of the oven for 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes, carefully using oven gloves, remove the lid.
- Return it back uncovered to the oven and bake 10 more minutes.
This is the dutch oven👇🏻
Delicious and healthy breakfast or snack that you can have anytime of the day.
- 2 cupsorganic old fashion oats
- 1/2 cup walnuts toasted and chopped
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1tsp baking powder
- 1 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup raisin or any dried fruit you prefer
- 2 cups milk
- 1 large egg
- 3 tbs unsalted butter, melted and cooled slightly
- 2 tsp vanilla extract or 1/2 tsp vanilla powder
- Preheat the oven to 375°F/190°C with a rack in the middle of the oven.
- Bring an oven safe dish and spray it with none stick spray or brush it with butter.
- In a big bowl, mix together the oats, half the walnuts, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, raisin and salt.
- In another bowl, whisk together the melted butter, the milk, the egg and the vanilla.
- Add the liquid mixture to the dry mixture and mix until combined.
- Spread the oatmeal mixture in the prepared oven safe dish.
- Bake it for 40 minutes.
- Take it out of the oven and sprinkle it with the rest of the walnuts.
- Serve it in a small bowl with hot milk and a teaspoon of brown sugar if desired.
- you can be creative and add any fresh or dried fruits you like.
- Be sure to use old the fashion or the rolled oats not the instant oats.
- Substitute the brown sugar for maple syrup or honey depends to your likings.
- Substitute the walnuts with any kind of nuts you like.