- 6 medium size ripe tomatoes peeled and diced
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 small onion diced
- 1 jalapeño optional
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp allspice
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- Salt to taste
- 2 tbs sunflower oil
- In a medium size pot add sauté the onion in oil until translucent
- Add jalapeño (if used) and stir. Add the ground beef, salt, allspice, turmeric, black pepper and cinnamon. Brown until most of the liquid absorbed.
- Stir in tomatoes ad adjust the salt. Let cook covered on a medium low heat for about 15 minutes.
- Garnish with toasted pine nuts and serve with rice.