- 2/3 cup powdered sugar
- 1 cup butter or crisco room temperature
- 1 cup finely ground pistachios
- 1 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp orange blossom water
- Couple drops green food coloring
- In the stand mixer with the paddle attachment on, whip butter until fluffy.
- Add sugar and keep whipping 4 more minutes until all sugar dissolved.
- In a bowl add flour, salt and pistachios and mix to combine.
- Fold in the flour mixtur, orange blossom water and food coloring until soft dough formed.
- Now this step is really important, cover dough and let it rest until the next day. The more time the dough get to rest, the better results you will get.
- Preheat oven to 325F.
- Line cookie sheets with parchment paper
- Start shaping the dough into small balls or the shape desired
- Press in a piece of whole pistachio in each ball
- Bake in the middle rack of the oven for 16 minutes.
- Store cookies in an air tight container to keep them fresh.
Enjoy ghraibeh with a cup of coffee or tea!!
Happy Eid! عيد مبارك🌷
- rest time of the dough is the key in the success of this recipe
- I like to roast my pistachio in a skillet on top of the stove for 2 minute before grind them.