- 1 3/4 cups all purpose flour + 1 tbs to toss blueberries
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) unsalted butter
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 3 large eggs room temperature
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp lemon zest
- 1 cup (5 ounces)blueberries, washed and dried
- 2 tbs freshly squeezed lemon juice
for the lemon glaze:
- 1 tablespoon of freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 1/4 cup of powdered sugar
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- Preheat oven to 325F.
- Spray a loaf pan (9×5 inches) with non stick spray or use parchment paper and set aside.
- In a bowl, combine 1 3/4 cups of flour, salt, and baking powder and set aside.
- In another bowl with an electric mixer, cream together room temperature butter, sugar, and ricotta until light and smooth
- Beat in eggs one at the time.
- Add lemon zest and vanilla. At this point the mixture should be lumpy
- combine the dry with the wet ingredients.
- In a nother small bowl toss blueberries with the 1 tbs of flour
- Fold in blueberries.
- Spread the batter in the loaf pan and with a spatula smooth the top of the batter.
- Bake in the middle rack of the preheated oven for 60-70 minutes or insert a tooth pick and it comes out clean.
- It is really important to let cool first and then cut.
- To do the glaze, mix all glaze ingredients together unti smooth and shiny and then spread the glaze on top of the cake.