- 2 avocados, halved, seeded and peeled
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1/2 lemon juiced
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 tbs sour cream
- Pinch of cayenne pepper powder and cumin powder
- 1/2 medium red onion, diced
- 1/2 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
- 2 Roma tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro
- 1 small clove garlic, minced
- Cilantro leaves and slices scallions for garnishing
- In a large bowl place the scooped avocado pulp, lime juice, lemon juice and salt and toss to coat.
- With a fork or the potato masher, mash the avocados mixture.
- Mix in the onions, tomatoes, garlic and cilantro.
- Mix in the cayenne pepper and cumin.
- To corporate the flavors, set aside at room temperature or in the fridge for 1 hour before serving.
Enjoy with tortilla chips!
Tips: wash cilantro many times before chopping. For really sandy cilantro, swish them around vigorously in a big bowl of cold water and then let them sit for a few minutes (to give all the dirt a chance to settle to the bottom).