- 5 cups water
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 small head cauliflower (about 3 cups of florets)
- 3 large eggs
- 1 small onion finely diced
- 1/2 cup parsley finely choppe
- 4 tbs sunflower oil
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large pot, add 5 cups of water and a tsp of salt and bring to boil. Meanwhile, cut cauliflower into small florets.
- Add cauliflower florets to the boiling water.
- Let them cook on medium heat until tender (about 5 minutes).
- Drain water and set cauliflower aside to cool.
- In a medium sized bowl, add eggs, parsley, onion, flour and all the spices. Mix to combine.
- Cut the cauliflower florets into small pieces and add to the egg mixture.
- Drizzle oil onto a large frying pan on medium heat.
- When the oil is hot, spoon the cauliflower batter in small disks onto the frying pan. Space the disks one inch apart and let cook until golden in color (around 3 minutes).
- Flip disks over to cook the other side and repeat with the remaining batter.
- Prepare a large dish with a paper towel to absorb any extra oil from the fritters.
- Serve warm with lemon wedges and pita bread.