This incredibly delicious cinnamon roll wreath is the best breakfast on Christmas Day or any time of the year, with a cup of coffee or a glass of milk. When you bake it, your house will smell amazing all day long. I love the smell of baking❤️.
- 1 tbs active dry yeast
- 3/4 cup warm water
- 2 tbs plain yogurt (room temperature)
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup softened butter, divided
- 1 large egg yolk
- 2 tsp heavy cream
- 1/2 vanilla extract
- 1 cup icing sugar
- 1 tbs heavy cream
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbs melted butter
- In the bowl of your stand mixer, with the dough hook attached, add flour, sugar, yeast and salt. Mix to combine.
- Add yogurt, water and oil. Knead on medium speed until dough is smooth and does not stick to the walls of the bowl. If the dough still sticky , you could add some more flour.
- Cover with plastic wrap and a clean kitchen cloth and keep the dough in an air-tight container until it doubles in size (approximately 30-45 minutes).
- Turn dough onto a floured surface. Roll dough into a 16×12-in. rectangle.
- Spread with the butter to within 1/2 in. of edges, sprinkle brown sugar and cinnamon evenly.
- Roll up the dough into jelly-roll, starting with the long side, pinch seam to seal.
- Transfer to parchment paper-lined round pan or 15x10x1-in. baking pan, seam side down. Shape into a ring, pinch ends together to seal.
- Using kitchen scissors, start at outside edge and cut two-thirds of the way through the ring at 1-in. intervals. Separate sections slightly and twist to show filling.
- Cover with kitchen towel, and let rise in a warm place until it doubles in size (about 1 hour).
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- For egg wash, in a small bowl, whisk egg yolk, heavy cream and vanilla.until combined. Brush over wreath.
- Bake until golden brown. (about 25 minutes)
- For glaze, in a small bowl, mix icing sugar, heavy cream and vanilla and spread over wreath if desired.
- Enjoy! 😊