This cookies are perfect for chocolate lover, rich in flavor and soft in texture … super delicious!
- 1 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tsp instant coffee granules or espresso powder
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup icing sugar for covering cookies
- Prepare all ingredients.
- In a big bowl add, granulated sugar, cocoa powder, coffee and oil. Stir with a wooden spoon until combine.
- With your hand mixer. Start adding eggs one at a time and mix.Do not overbeat.
- With adding of the last egg, add vanilla extract and mix.
- In another bowl whisk together flour, baking powder and salt.
- Cover the dough with plastic wrap and chill the dough for four hours or overnight.
- When it is time for baking, preheat oven to 350F. And line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a bowl add icing sugar.
- With a small icecream scooper, get clumps of the chilled dough and roll them into 1-inch (2.5 cm) sized balls using your hands.
- Roll the balls in the confectioner’s sugar and place on the cookie sheets (you should be able to get 12-16 on each sheet).
- Bake for 10-12 minutes.
- Allow to cool a minute or two on the sheets before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Never overbeat cookie doughs. You are doing cookies not cake.
- Adding the coffee granules is optional, just to enhance the flavor of the chocolate.Do not overbake your cookies.