- 1 big eggplant ( aubergine)
- 1 tomato
- 1 red bell pepper
- 2 garlic cloves mashed
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 1 tbs pomegranate molasses
- 1 tbs lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper
- 2 tbs chopped parsley
- 1 tsp dried mint
- Salt and pepper to taste
- French baguette sliced
- Salt, pepper and olive oil for brushing baguette.
- Turn on oven to broil.
- In an oven tray arrange eggplant, tomato and red bell pepper.
- Brush them with olive oil and a sprinkle of salt.
- Broil, turning ones until cooked and a layer of black broil signs obtained on top.
- Take the vegetable out of the oven and set aside to cool.
- Preheat oven to 400F. In another oven pan arrange baguette sliced brush them on both sides with olive oil an a sprinkle of salt and pepper. Toast them in the middle rack of the oven until golden in color.
- Peel off the skin of the vegetables.
- On the cutting board cut vegetable into small cubes.
- Put cubes in a bowl and add salt, pepper, pomegranate molasses, lemon juice, olive oil, smashed garlic, chopped parsley and mint. Stir to combine.
- Cool in the fridge for 1 hour before serving to enhance the flavor.
- In a serving plate arrange baguette slices.
- Add a tsp of the salsa on top of each slice.
- Decorate with chopped parsley and pomegranate seeds and Serve as an appetizer.
- You will get a lot of compliments😉