- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 cup semolina
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 tbs instant dry yeast
- 1 tbs sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup room temperature plain yogurt
- 1/2 Luke warm water
- 1 cup fresh Za’atar (thyme) herb removed out of the stems , washed and chopped.
- This is a picture of the Za’atar herb in my garden.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, add flour, semolina,salt and Za’atar ( Thyme) stir to combine.
- Make a well in the middle of the flour mixture, and add yeast, sugar and water.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and set aside until yeast is frothy.
- Add yogurt and oil to the yeast.
- With the dough hook attached to the mix, knead the dough on a medium speed, until a soft dough ball obtained (ab0ut 4 minutes).
- If the dough is still sticky, add some flour.
- Cover the dough tightly with plastic wrap and a kitchen towel.
- Leave the dough in a draft free place for (about 30 minute) or until double in size.
- Place a parchment paper on a baking sheet.
- When the dough is ready, gently punch it down with your fist.
- Divide the dough into egg size balls.
- With the balm of your hand, gently flatten the balls ( as shown in the picture.
- Cover rolls and Let them rest for ten minutes.
- Meanwhile, preheat oven to 450F.
- Bake rolls until golden in color ( about 8 minutes).
- Enjoy with a cup of tea and slices of cheese, tomatoes and cucumber 😊!