- 1 cup corn oil
- 3 eggs room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 drops almond extract
- 3 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tbs fennel
- 1 tbs whole anise seeds
- 1 tsp ground anise seeds
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup toasted almond
For egg wash
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tsp instant coffee diluted in 1 tbs of water
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- In a big bowl beat eggs, sugar and almond extract.
- Add oil and stir to combine.
- In a nother bowl stir in flour, anise seeds, fennel seeds and baking powder.
- Add dry ingredients mixture to liquid mixture.
- Add almonds and knead to form a soft dough.
- Let dough rest for 10 minutes.
- Divide dough into 2 balls.
- On a lightly floured surface, unroll each ball into a log.
- Transfer logs to a cookie sheet.
- In a small bowl brightly beat egg yolk with the instant coffee.
- Brush the egg wash on top of logs, and with a fork, draw lines for decoration.
- Place the cookie sheet in the middle rack of a preheated oven.
- Bake for 25 minutes
- Take the cookie sheet out of the oven and let logs cool down for ten minutes.Transfer logs to a cutting board.
- With a serrated knife carefully cut logs into thin slices.
- Arrange slices in the cookie sheet and bake again for 10 minutes.
- Enjoy your biscotti with a cup of coffee or tea!!
- Store the rest of your biscotti in a tight cover container for freshness.