For Qamardeen ( apricot ) mixture :
- 1/2 Roll Qamardeen
- 1/2 Cup Sugar ( add more sugar if you like it more sweet )
- 2 Cup Water
- 2 1/2 Tbs corn Starch
- 1.tsp orange blossom water
For milk mixture :
- 2. Cups milk
- 1/2. Sugar
- 2 1/2 Tbs corn starch
- 1 Tsp Orange blossom water
1. Unwrap Qamardeen and soak it with the 2 cups of water until dissolves ( it takes about 2 hrs You can add hot water for faster dissolving).
2. Meanwhile in a heavy sauce pan add starch, sugar and milk. Stir until all starch and sugar dissolve.
3. Boil the mixer on a medium high heat and keep stirring until thickened ( donot leave the pan during boiling and keep stirring, to ensure there are no lumps in the pudding). Add orange blossom water and stir. Turn off heat.
4. In small serving cups or dishes, spoon the milk pudding until half of the cup. Let cool down.
5. For the Qamardeen pudding, in the blender add the Qamardeen mixture with the water and the sugar. Blend until you get a smooth drink.
6. In a heavy medium size saucepan add the Qamardeen, starch and the orange blossom water, and stir until the starch dissolves.
7. Boil mixture on a medium high heat until thickened.
8. Spoon the mixture on top of the milk pudding to fill the rest of the serving dish or glass.
9. Let cool down. Cover with plastic wrap and put it in the fridge.
10 enjoy as a dessert after dinner or for Sahur! Very light and tasty.
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs, beaten
- Vegetable oil, for frying
To make the churro dough:
- Combine water, butter and the salt in a saucepan and bring to a boil over high heat.
- With a wooden spoon stir in flour. Reduce the heat to low and stir vigorously until the mixture forms a ball, about 1 minute.
- Remove the dough from the heat Andes cool down for five minutes.
- Meanwhile heat oil to 350 degree.
- In the bowl of a food processor put the dough and add eggs one by one, stir until combine.
- Meanwhile, spoon the churro dough into a pastry bag fitted with a large tip.
- Heat about 2 inches of oil in a heavy, high-sided pot over medium-high heat until the oil reaches 350 degrees F. Start frying dough by squeezing in straight lines or circles until golden brown, turning one time. Repeat frying 3 or 4 strips at a time. Turning once until golden brown, about 2 minutes per side. Transfer the cooked churros to a plate lined with paper towels to drain.
- Meanwhile mix sugar and cinnamon in a flat dish.
- Put fried churros in the cinnamon sugar mixture to coat.
- You can dip churros in simple syrup instead of sugar and cinnamon and decorate with pistachios.
Or you can fry churros in circles and serve it with ice cream in between as a churros sandwich ( my kids favorite ).