- 1 cup semolina
- 1 cup powdered dry milK
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup yogurt
- 1 cup melted butter
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 egg
- 1 can Nestle media Crema ( table cream ) Ashta
For simple syrup :
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp orange blossom water
- Make the syrup first in a medium sauce pan, add sugar and water stir to dissolve all sugar.
- Put pan on a medium high heat stove until boil, approximately 5 minutes.
- Add lemon juice and orange blossom water. Let boil for a few minutes and then turn heat off and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 365F.
- Now to do the Basbousa batter, in a big bowl add dry ingredients and mix to combine.
- Add egg and yogurt and mix to combine. There should be no lumps in the mixture.
- Prepare cupcake tray, by applying a nonstick spray into each cup.
- If you do not have spray you can use oil or tahini paste.
- Add 1 tbs of batter to each cup (this should fill about half of a cupcake well)
- Bake the batter for 15 minutes until golden brown.
- Take the tray out of the oven, and drizzle 2 tbs of syrup on top of each cup.
- Let the Basbousa cupcakes cool down and then release them out of the tray by using 2 forks.
- Add 1 tsp of Crema on top of each cup and garnish with crushed pistachios.
- When the cupcake tray is ready to go in the oven, tap it gently on the counter top twice to get rid of air bubbles.
- To make it easier to hold place the tray in a bigger cookie sheet before baking.
- Always bake on the middle rack of the oven.