- 2 cups fine bulgur
- 1 cup boiling water
- 2 onions diced
- 5 tbs olive oil
- 1 tbs full of tomato paste
- 1 tbs sweet chilli sauce
- 1/2 cup green pepper diced
- 1/2 cup red peppers diced
- 1/3 cup chopped parsley
- 1/3 chopped fresh mint or 2 tbs dried mint
- 4-6 pieces of green onions diced
- 1 /2 tsp red pepper flakes (optional), salt and pepper to taste
- Juice of 2 lemons
- 1 tbs pomegranate molasses
- 4-5 tablespoons olive oil
- In a big bowl add bulgur and water cover and set aside ( add more water if you like bulgur to be softer).
- Meanwhile, in a pan, sauté chopped onion in olive oil until translucent. Add paste, sauce and spices and stir to combine.
- Add the onion mixture to bulgur and mix well.
- Add lemon juice, pomegranate molasses and olive oil. And stir.
- Before serving add chopped vegetable and mix to combine.
- Serve in a nice big bowl with lettuce leaves around.