2 cups coarse ground bulgur ( number 3 ) washed and drained
3 tomatoes, peeled and chopped
1 green pepper chopped ( optional ) I like to add it for color )
1 tbsp tomato paste
1 tbsp pepper paste
1 large onions, chopped
4 tbsp olive oil
Salt to taste
1/2 tsp black pepper
1/2 tsp white pepper
2 cups vegetable or chicken broth
1. In a pan, heat 4 tablespoons of olive oil and sauté onion until translucent. ( I always like to ad a pinch of salt when sautéing onion to let them sweat ).
2. Add chopped pepper and sauté for a minute.
3. Add bulgur, tomato paste, pepper paste, salt and pepper. And stir to combine.
4. Add the broth. When it comes to boil, turn heat to low and let simmer with lid on for 20 minutes or until all liquids absorb.
5. Remove from heat and allow it to rest for 10 min.
6. Serve hot with plain yogurt next to it and decorate with chopped parsley, chopped scallions, pomegranates seeds and a slice of lemon.