- 3 large eggs
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground cloves
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2/3 cup Pure Pumpkin
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar (to sprinkle on towel)
Ingredients for filling :
- 1 pkg. (8 oz.) cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 cup powdered sugar, sifted
- 6 tbs butter or margarine, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Powdered sugar (optional for decoration
- PreHeat oven to 375F. Grease 15 x 10-inch jelly-roll pan.
- line with wax paper. Grease and flour paper.
- Sprinkle a clean cotton kitchen towel with powdered sugar.
- In a bowl combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, cloves, ginger and salt .
- In another bowl beat eggs and granulated sugar until thick.
- Beat in pumpkin and stir in flour mixture.
- Spread evenly into prepared pan.
- Bake for 13 to 15 minutes or until top of cake springs back when touched. (If using a dark-colored pan, begin checking for doneness at 11 minutes.) Immediately loosen and turn cake onto prepared towel. Carefully peel off paper. Roll up cake and towel together, starting with narrow end. Cool on wire rack.
- Beat cream cheese, 1 cup powdered sugar, butter and vanilla extract in small mixer bowl until smooth. Carefully unroll cake. Spread cream cheese mixture over cake. Reroll cake. Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate at least one hour. Sprinkle with powdered sugar before serving, if desired.