- 1 1/2 cup flour
- 1 egg
- 2 tbs cream cheese
- 1/4 cup yogurt
- 1 tsp active dry yeast
- 1 tbs oil
- 1 tsp sugar
For syrup you need:
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 cups water
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- Start with preparing the syrup. In a medium size pot add water and sugar and stir until sugar dissolves.
- Let boil over a medium high heat for five minutes.
- Add lemon juice and stir. Let it boil for another five minutes.
- Turn heat off and set syrup aside.
- In a bowl of a standing mixer add all ingredients and knead until combine and form a stif dough ( the stiffness the dough the crispness the dessert will be after frying ) so if you find the dough soft add a little more flour.
- Keep kneading for 3 minutes. If using your hands instead of the mixer you have to knead the dough more than 5 minutes.
- Cover the dough, and let it rest up to 1 hour
- After double in size bunch the dough down and divide it into four equal parts.
- Roll out each part into 1/2 inch thickness.
- With the pizza cutter or the knife, cut the dough into squares ( I like to use the zigzag cutter )
- Preheat oil to 375 F.
- Fry the dough squares until golden brown.
- In a big bowl add the syrup. Dip the squares in syrup
- Drain and serve.