- 2 cups potatoes peeled and diced
- 1 cup reserved chicken broth
- 1 small onion diced
- 1 cup celery diced
- 2 tbs butter
- 2 tbs all purpose flour
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/8 tsp white pepper
- Chicken or vegetable broth for cooking the potatoes
- Parsley and croutons for garnish
- In a saucepan, add the potatoes and broth … bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Cover and cook until the potatoes half way tender.( you will cook it again in milk ). Drain and set aside. Reserve 1 cup of the broth.
- In the same pan, melt butter and sauté onion until translucent, add celery and sauté until tender.
- Stir in flour until combine. Heat milk in the microwave for a minute. Gradually stir in milk and broth.
- Bring to a boil and cook until thickened.
- Reduce heat and add the potatoes and pepper. Adjust salt if you like it more salty. Cook for 10 minutes. Add heavy cream and stir.
- Serve in a bowl with parsley and croutons on top.