- 1 cup red lentils, rinsed and drained
- 1 small onion finely chopped
- 1 potato chopped
- 1 carrot chopped
- 1 tbs tomato paste
- 1 tbs pepper paste
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/2 -1 tsp red pepper flakes depends on how spicy you like it.
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tbs dried mint
- 3-4 tbs vegetable oil
- 5 cups Vegetable or chicken broth
- Sauté the finely chopped onion in oil until translucent,
- Stir in the tomato paste, pepper paste. Cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add in the rinsed lentils, potato and carrot, and stir for 1 minutes.
- Add 5 cups of broth and boil until the lentils are fully cooked.
- Add spices, and stir.
- Blend the soup with the hand mixer into a smooth consistency.
- Crush the dried mint in between your hands.
- Stir to combine, If it’s too thick add some more hot waterproof broth.
- Taste it to adjust salt.
- Serve in a bowl with a piece of lemon and pita bread crackers.
You can make pita bread crackers at home by having pita bread cut into small pieces and fry or bake them.