I do not like to use garbanzo beans ( Chickpeas ) cans, so I cooked mine at home. It is really easy and much healthier. Just buy dried garbanzo beans, wash them well and soak them overnight in water and a tsp of baking soda. In the morning, drain the water from the beans and in a big pot, add the beans with water to cover completely. Let them cook until soft and tender for about one hour. Divide in desired portions and then freeze in air-tight containers for future use.
• 2 cups cooked Chickpeas
• 4 tbsp Tahini
• Juice of 1 ½ Lemons
• Salt to taste
• 1 clove of crushed Garlic (optional)
1. Mix all ingredients in blender until creamy in texture
2. Place in serving bowl, drizzle with olive oil and garnish with chopped parsley.
- You can drizzle the top with samneh ( ghee butter ) and toasted pine nuts.
- Sprinkle some sumac or paprika on top
- Garnish with browned ground beef