- 1 Bag 16 oz. (1 lb.) dry Chickpeas
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 3 cups water
- 1 cup Chopped Parsley
- 1 Small Onion, chopped
- 4 cloves Garlic, crushed
- 1 tsp ground Cumin
- 1 tsp ground Coriander
- 1 tsp Paprika
- Salt to taste
- 1tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
1. Soak chickpeas in water and 1 tsp baking soda in a medium bowl, overnight.
2. Drain chickpeas
3. In the food processor add chickpeas along with all other ingredients except for baking powder and baking soda.
4. Grind until fine in texture .
5. 10 minutes before frying the Falafel mixture. Add baking powder and baking soda. Stir very well to combine.
6. Shape into small discs and deep fry at 350° until golden brown .
Serve with Pita bread, tahini sauce ( taratour ) and a variety of pickles and vegetables … With love from my kitchen to yours!
Tips: if you want to fry just half of the falafel dough, freeze the rest in a freezer bag without adding the baking sofa and the baking powder. And use just half of the amount of baking sofa and baking powder for the half of the dough that you want to fry.