What a cake!! DELICIOUS! Not too sweet – not too heavy – just perfect for Summer! And the glaze is to die for!! Can’t wait to make it again!
- 2 3/4 cups flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup butter
- 1 3/4 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 tbs lemon juice
- 1 tbs lemon zest
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 1/4 cups blueberries, tossed with
- 1 tbs flour
- 1 1/2 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 8 -10 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon corn syrup
- lemon zest (to garnish)
- Heat oven to 350°F Butter a bundt pan.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- In a stand mixer bowl with a wire whisk attached, beat butter until smooth. Add sugar and beat for 2 to 3 minutes until fluffy.
- Beat in eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add lemon juice, lemon zest and vanilla and beat until combined. Beat in flour in three additions, alternating with buttermilk and sour cream And beat for 2 minutes.
- Fold in blueberries. Spoon into prepared pan.
- Bake at 350F for 50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center of cake comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack for 20 minutes. Run a sharp knife around edges of the pan. Turn out and cool completely.
Glaze: in a small bowl, mix together confectioners’ sugar, lemon juice and corn syrup until smooth. Drizzle over top of cake and let it roll down the sides.
Tip: you do not have to buy a carton of butter milk just to use for this cake, you can just bring a 1/2 cup of milk and mix it with 1 tsp. Of white distilled vinegar and set aside for 5 minutes. And you will have a homemade buttermilk instead .