- 2 large eggplants
- All-purpose flour
- 4 eggs
- Bread crumbs
- 1 quart marinara sauce
- 8 ounces sliced dry mozzarella
- 4 ounces grated Romano
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and heat oil in a large pan, Dutch oven or deep-fryer.
- Peel the eggplant and slice into 1/4-inch thick slices. Coat each side of the eggplant with the flour.
- In a separate bowl beat 4 eggs and dip the eggplant into the egg to coat both sides. Then take your bread crumbs and do the same to coat each side.
- Once the oil is hot, put the eggplant in the hot oil and fry until golden brown. You can also use a deep-fryer and leave in for about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Once all of the eggplant has been fried, get a rectangular baking pan and start the layering by adding the marinara sauce to the bottom of the pan, then the eggplant, more sauce, fresh mozzarella, Romano cheese, and continue to layer until you have reached the top of the pan. Top off with sauce, mozzarella, and grated Romano
Place the eggplant into the oven and cook for 45 minutes.Enjoy with Garlic bread and a salad !