- 2 ½ cups Flour
- ¼ cup Olive Oil
- 1 tbsp Yeast
- 1 tbsp Sugar
- 1 cup Warm Water
- 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp Salt
- 3 tbsp Dry Milk or 2 tbsp Plain Yogurt (room temperature)
• Filling Varieties
- Zatar mixed with olive oil
- Feta cheese mixed with nigella seeds and dried mint or parsley
- Spinach and feta cheese
- Pizza filling ( tomato sauce, cheese, green pepper and black olives )
1. Mix yeast, sugar, and ½ cup warm water in a small bowl. Cover and allow mixture to rise.
2. Mix flour, salt, dry milk, and baking powder in a medium bowl. Make a well in the middle and add oil, yogurt (if used), the rest of the water nd the yeast mixture.
3. Knead until a ball is formed that does not stick to the sides of the bowl. Cover and allow mixture to rise until double in size.
4. Pre-heat oven to 450°
5. Divide dough into egg size pieces.
6. With roller pin flat each ball into a circle.
7. Spread filling on top, and allow it to rest again for 15 minutes.
8. Bake on the middle rack of the oven for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown .