- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder, sifted
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 1/2 cup sour cream, or yogurt, room temperature
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup boiling water
- 1/2 tsp of instant Coffee granules, it adds depth to the flavor .
- 2 sticks unsalted butter, room temperature
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 2 to 3 tablespoons raspberry puree
- 12 fresh raspberries
- To prepare cupcake, preheat over to 350F. Grease muffin tin or line with muffin liners.
- In a large bowl, mix together sugar, flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Crack in the egg, spoon in the sour cream, and pour in the oil and the vanilla. Mix with a wooden spoon until just combined.
- Pour in the boiling water slowly. (Be careful not to add all the hot water at once or you will end up with scrambled eggs in the cake batter ) . mix until smooth and liquidy.
- Divide batter evenly among prepared muffin cups, about halfway full. Transfer muffin tin to oven and bake for 15 to 18 minutes. Transfer muffin tin to a wire rack and let cupcakes cool completely.
- To prepare buttercream, beat butter for a few minutes in a standing mixer with the paddle attachment on medium speed. Add powdered sugar and turn your mixer on low, beat until the sugar incorporates with the butter. Add vanilla, heavy cream and raspberry puree, beat on medium speed for another 3 minutes, or until buttercream becomes light and fluffy.
- Frost the cupcakes with the buttercream and Top with fresh raspberry.