1/4 cup plus 2 tbs unsweetened cocoa powder, sifted
3/4 tsp baking powder
3/4 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 large egg, room temperature
1/2 cup yogurt, room temperature
1/4 cup canola oil
1 tbs vanilla extract
1/2 cup boiling water
1/2 tsp instant Coffee, it adds a depth t the flavor .
To prepare the batter, preheat oven to 350F. Grease a small cake tin with nonstick spray. ( if you want to use a big cake tin, double up the ingredients)
In a large bowl, mix together sugar, flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
Crack in the egg, spoon in the sour cream, and pour in the oil and the vanilla. Mix with a wooden spoon until just combined.
Pour in the boiling water slowly. (Be careful not to add all the hot water at once or you will end up with scrambled eggs in the cake batter ) . mix until smooth and liquidy.
Spread the batter into the prepared cake tin. Transfer the cake tin to the pre-heated oven and bake for about 25 minutes or insert a tooth pick into the cake comes out clean. Transfer the cake to a wire rack and let cool completely.
To make the milk pudding,in a big nonstick sauce pan,, add all milk pudding ingredients and mix them really well.On a medium high heat stove, cook the mixture and keep stirring until thickens.Spread the pudding among the serving glasses.Put the glasses in the fri to cool for about half an hour.To make the pomegranate pudding, repeat the same steps with the milk pudding and spread it on top of the milk pudding layer.Let the pudding cool in the fridge for couple of hours before servingGarnish with pomegranate jewels and mint leavesEnjoy!
1. Preheat the oven to 350F. Spray a 9×5 inch loaf pan with non-stick spray. Set aside. 2. In a large bowl, add in all dry ingredients and whisk together until combined.
3. In a medium bowl, whisk the eggs, granulated sugar, and brown sugar together until combined. Whisk in the pumpkin, oil, and milk.
4. Pour these wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and gently mix together using a rubber spatula or a wooden spoon. There will be a few lumps. Do not overmix. Gently fold in the chocolate chips.
5. Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan. Bake for 60-65 minutes, making sure to loosely cover the bread with aluminum foil halfway through to prevent the top from getting too brown. The bread is done when a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean with only a few small moist crumbs. This may be before or after 60-65 minutes depending on your oven, so begin checking every 5 minutes at the 55 minute mark or so.
6. Allow the bread to cool completely in the pan on a wire rack before removing and slicing. The bread will stay fresh in an airtight container (it tastes better on day 2!)